DESIGN TO DISGUISE: THE ART OF HIDING TECHNOLOGY
Home electronics should integrate seamlessly into a home's design and décor. This course reviews the three-pronged approach to hiding technology - advance planning, design philosophy, and product selection - which are available for minimizing the visual impact of electronics without compromising performance. Specific challenges and recommendations related to hiding video displays, projectors, speakers, controls, cameras, and equipment racks - among others - will be addressed. This course speaks to innovative and creative ways to lessen the visual impact of electronics by making them low-profile, hidden or camouflaged, or even invisible!
- Review various residential systems and technologies and the unique approaches that can be used in the concealment process.
- Discuss how advance planning, design philosophy, and product selection affect the proper functionality of the installed products without compromising design integrity and aesthetics.
- Discuss methods and strategies for hiding technology in safe, convenient, and secure methods.
- Analyze technology implementation planning process.
- AIA: 1.0 LU, (CIO038)- General
- AIBD: 1.0 Core LU (CIO038)- Core LU
- IDCEC: 0.1 CEU, (103442)- General l Sub Code: 4.7
- NAHB: 1.0 Cr Hr, (CIO038)- Multiple
- NARI: 1.0 CEU (CIO038), All